Wednesday, November 4, 2009

who'd thunk? I'm on my way!

Hi Healthy Ladies,
I am getting ready to go shortly to meet my trainer (Tracey) at Lifepointe and attempt her "Spinning" class....think I'll sit in the back for the first class. I went in to Lifepointe yesterday evening for my orientation of the gym with Paul. I was like Carolee, as I was almost "sweaty"with dread that I would be so out of shape that Paul would say "Leave, it's hopeless for you!" It wasn't that way at all! Paul was very helpful and asked me questions about my health overall, workout habits (none:() and any joint/body problems we may have to watch or be aware of. He suggested that I try an Olypitical trainer instead of a treadmill due to my bone spur on my right foot. He showed me the really amazing weight machines that store your workout, tell you the settings/weights you had before and add everything up at the end! Wow, how easy is that! I was surprised at how many mature people were working out....40 and above! Man, if they can do it, I should be able to! I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be and had more stamina then I thought. I finished the evening feeling really positive. I really enjoyed the hot whirlpool soak I took just before I left the facilities....when was the last time, I got to soak in a hot bath without someone saying "Mom, I need to get in there!"? Ladies, you know what I'm talking about.

I was home by 9:30 and felt refreshed enough to carry out my chores and still read a book to my 9 year old before she went to sleep. I'm kindof looking forward to trying out those bikes in Spin class tonight. Zumba class looks fun too! I may even learn to like carrots, who knows!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the spin class went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna do the spin class Sunday. I'm so looking forward to it!

    SMONI

    ReplyDelete