Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sherri’s weekend wrap up

Good Evening Everyone!

The first week is down and I have to admit it has been one of the busiest weeks I’ve had in long time.  Fitting in an hour or two of exercise a day has been a challenge because I find something else gets sacrificed.  The last couple of weekends have been spent playing catch up and I’m still behind!  It’s all good though.  Friday was suppose to be my day of rest from working out but I woke up around 5:15 for some strange reason and couldn’t get back to sleep so I took advantage of “Millie” the treadmill in my basement for an hour.  Millie sure seems to be happy getting all the attention she has been getting lately.  It’s good for me because I get a head start on the laundry at the same time.  There’s nothing like multi-tasking!

I’m very proud of the food choices I have been making.  It seems every time I head out to LP I end up stopping buy Super Saver to stock up on  produce and eggs.  I’ve been doing breakfast everyday and I like it!  In case any of you are interested I found a good recipe for breakfast sausage here:   http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Breakfast-Sausage/Detail.aspx  Instead of using ground pork I substitute it for ground turkey breast.  It tastes is great!  I may even experiment with different spices to change things up a bit.   If you try this recipe may want to use a drop or two of olive oil in your pan to keep it from sticking.

Saturday ended up being my day of rest because I woke up with a sore throat and had no energy.  It was good to rest and spend the day with my daughter working on her class project and giving Rico, my puppy some love.

Today, I did a half hour on the treadmill.  It would have been an hour but it occurred to me I had a date with Sarah at LP.  I knew I was going to be “working it” for sure so I opted to stop at 30 minutes.   Sarah and I got our workout on with free weights,  crunches, lunges, push ups and then headed to Spin class!  Lori was there.  (It was so good to see your face Lori.)  I find I push myself harder in that class than I would if I were just riding the bike by myself.  It’s great.  Afterward, I did the usual… off Super Saver to stock up on some of the basics to get me through the week.  The apples and pears are delicious this time of year and I love apples and pears! 

Tomorrow will be the start of week two!  We are supposed to meet at LP tomorrow at 6:30 p.m.  I was told to wear workout clothes.  Sounds like they expect us to get our sweat on.  I look forward to seeing everyone.  Until then, good night!

Here’s to our health!

SMONI

Ps. Everyone is doing a great job!  I am so proud to be part of this and to be participating with such strong women.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job!!! You are such an inspiration. Thanks for keeping the positivity up!

    ReplyDelete