Friday, November 13, 2009

Learning all about food and choices...

I've started the nutritional aspect of my healthier lifestyle changes. It's amazing how much I've learned within just a few pages of reading! I had no idea that 2% milk contained 5 grams of fat per cup. I will definitely be switching back to Skim! I also learned that your margarine selection should be picky, like making sure the first ingredient is water, that it is a soft or liquid form and made from canola or soybean oil. I've touched on lean meats, starches and sugars as well. I can't believe just how much paying attention to ingredients and labels impacts one's nutritional health. Just because something looks healthy, or contains the label "0 Trans Fat", doesn't mean it's necessarily the best for you. I'm very excited to continue learning about healthier food choices and how to prepare them. Side Note: Lunch today was a success! We had a celebration luncheon for a completed project, catered with pizza and bread sticks (both favorites of mine). However, I do know there is some simple rules for loosing weight (which is a goal of mine): 1. Fewer calories in 2. More calories out. Today I prepared in advance and had a delicious salad loaded with veggies, YUM! Here's to making small, and big, changes in my lifestyle! Hope all of you have a Heart Healthy Day! *And I'll be sure to let you know how the tailgating/football watching - munchies/beverages goes on Saturday. I'm confident that I'll make better choices than I did for the last game.*

1 comment:

  1. It's all mind over matter Carolee. You can enjoy yourself tailgating and still maintain. You can do it!!

    SMONI

    ReplyDelete