Friday, November 6, 2009

Just Chill Out, Carolee!

So a big part of my wellness goals over this next 12 weeks is to learn how to relax. I'm one of those that is constantly making a list and checking it twice, trying to maximize the time in my day. But often this leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety, not to mention exhaustion, leading to nothing getting done. So I'm going to learn how to just sit back and not fill all the hours of my day. Last night I opted not to work out; however, my daughter did and put some work in for me, thanks T Bear! Instead of working out I ran a few errands, stopping at one of our favorite stores, Euphoria. This is where I picked up some essential oils, candles and rock salts. With my family we created our very own meditation center in the house. We also turned our bathroom into a mini-spa. So for the evening my daughter and I enjoyed some quite meditation together...well, at least started the learning process of how to meditate...not so easy for us beginners! Afterwards the family all took turns enjoying their very own spa bath with rock salts, oil, candles and the calming sounds of "thunderstorms" on cd. It was a great family night, with many-many benefits. I highly suggest trying this at home. Tonight I will be heading to LP to meet Krisit for a one-on-one. I'm very excited to get back in there and work up a sweat. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I need to turn my bathroom into a mini spa too! Great post.

    ReplyDelete