Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sherri says "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"

Reflection on some of the days events...

Had a good day at work.  I ate good food with the exception of a fun sized Snicker Bar that had been on my desk for a week or so.  Eating it happened so spontaneously and it was gone so fast if I didn't have the empty wrapper I would have denied it ever happened!  I took a nice walk with a co-worker at lunch.  I talked her into walking down to visit my Mom at her job.  It was a nice visit and a great walk.  The weather has been lovely so it's best to take advantage while we can.

With work behind me for the day I picked up my daughter and we headed home.  I didn't make it to LP tonight.  I needed to spend some time with my daughter and my puppy.  The two of them have been really good sports through the change in routines.

Tomorrow I will meet with Katie (the nutritionist) to discuss food choices and such.  I'm so looking forward to it.  So far I have been doing a great job sticking to my commitments, no fried foods and I haven't had a cup of coffee in since last Thursday!  I have a fridge full of produce and I have been eating it!!  I’m sure she will have lost of good information to pass on. 

With my Ipod on shuffle Cage the Elephants "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"starts to play and I began my 60 minute trek on my treadmill...  

Finally the count down from 60 to 0 minutes was over!  I had a good 3.5 mile, 350 calorie burning workout tonight.

With my Ipod still on shuffle Mos Def's "Quiet Dog" cooled me down.  (Simmer down, simmer down, simmer down now.  Quiet Dog bite hard!)

Now I'm fresh out the shower, watching the coverage on the execution of that sniper dude...  It's time to get tomorrows grub organized and call it a night.

Here's to our health!

SMONI

1 comment:

  1. Great job on balancing your wellness with your family time! I'm working on getting better at that.

    ReplyDelete