Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chew the fat with Anna Alcalde

Hi Ladies!
I can't tell you how excited I was to be chosed for the Go Red BetterU Challenge. I thought this will surely help me stay on track....millions of "close friends" keeping me in line and accountable! Ok, no pressure there. Seriously, as I've hit my 40's, those extra 10 pounds keep creeping up to 20 lbs or more! If I don't take charge now with my body....what do I do when it's to late. It's like preventative maintenance on your car....you don't change the oil or get new tires AFTER it's stalled on the highway. I have accepted the challenge. I figure "what do I have to lose...besides unsightly flab!" I think it helps to make yourself a short term goal, such as Feb 11th-the big celebration to go towards in the beginning. How long can 12 weeks really be? I guess I will soon find out! Today went pretty good. I work at a school so the selection isn't always "low carb". The lunch ladies have swore to help me with some adaption though. (thanks Paula and gang) I'm going to Lifepointe tonight to get my orientation and start my work out program. Tomorrow I'm gonna try a Spin (biking) class with my new personal trainer "Tracey"...she seems very pumped for me to succeed and teaches this class. I have a feeling I'll be investing in a bottle of Icy/Hot before the end of the week. Wish me luck...better yet, why don't you join me on the way to a healthier you!??? Take care-Anna!

1 comment:

  1. 10...20...30...40...Yikes! I know that all too well. Good Luck, Anna! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete