Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Night Down!

Tonight was the night I met with my personal wellness coach, Kristi, one-on-one. It was kind of crazy, on the drive to LifePointe, it was like I had "first-date" jitters! Plenty of mixed emotions on this trip... I let myself go down the negative road for a minute and thought, "I hope I don't kick the bucket on the treadmill tonight"! But as soon as I turned in the parking lot I noticed that LifePointe is also connected with LifePointe Urgent Care...surely they would be able to get me back up and running if I went down! But in all seriousness, Kristi was great! She really made me feel comfortable with her direct-honest-caring approach. We went through my fitness evaluation and learned how all of the machines function and where to find the nearest hand sanitizer pump...no illness is going to stop me! We also talked about short term goals and set up my weekly workout plan. I also learned that there is more than one heated pool in the facility...so those sore muscles will get some well earned TLC! After coming home from my meeting I felt extremely energized, probably too much for my family, but they humored me as usual. I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to heading back to the gym tomorrow and doing a full workout. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Carolee! I will meet up with my trainer tomorrow. I'm so excited!

    SMONI

    ReplyDelete