Saturday, November 14, 2009

Good Week

This first week has gone by fast. I made it to LP four times this week. I took an abs class that my trainer, Sarah, teaches. Tough class but made it through. Thought my stomach would be really sore the next day but I was pleasantly surprised. Wednesday I did my assessment and got set up on the weights. The weights are soooo nice to work with. I love that it tells me all my settings. I am not a morning person so have been doing all my workouts when I get off of work.

I also met with Katie on nutrition. She gave me things to work on. I knew some of my weaknesses before (like sunflower seeds) and I was already addressing some of them. I also have big issues with alcohol. She gave me a goal of only drinking 2 beers all night at card club on Friday. I had only 3 so was still happy with myself.

My biggest success this week was my blood pressure. I have been taking it 3-4 times everyday at random times. My bottom number has been below 100 every time which is a huge deal for me. I can't believe that a week and a half of exercise can make such a difference.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again Monday.

3 comments:

  1. That's great news about your blood pressure, Lori. I'm working on lowering mine too. I have seens some improvements myself!

    SMONI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the BIG ISSUES ABOUT ALCOHOL part:) I"m still sad about the high calories Margarities...feel like I've lost an old friend. I d!o like Vodka and Cranberry juice. Not to bad for ya...depends on how many you drink! Not that I'd know, No way, huh, huh...:) You look great! Have fun this week..see you on Monday eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issues with alcohol, so I know it can be very difficult! Remember, one step at a time, and you'll be able to stick to your plan easier. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete