Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sherri's Got Something To Prove

I have to admit I was shocked to get that phone call letting me know I was chosen to participate in Lincoln's first ever Go Red BetterU Makeover Challenge.

Like so many others I have fallen into a lifestyle of totally bad habits that are leading me down the path to very serious health problems. Like so many others I could come up with all the excuses, everything from I can't afford a membership to a gym, if only I had a trainer to help me, I don't have the time to work out or to prepare the right foods... the list goes on and on. This challenge has addressed almost every excuse I could come up with and put the ball square in my court as if to say "Now what?" Oh I'm sure I could come up with something but the reality is I'm not getting any younger and I'm not going to get any healthier if I do not put forth the effort and make it a priority to take control. This is the time, I need to "just do it'!

I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to prove to myself I can accomplish great things when it comes to my health. I will make the most of the twelve week challenge and I'm positive I will establish new, healthier lifestyle habits to carry on through week thirteen and beyond!

To all the participants, it was so nice to meet everyone. I am rooting for you ALL.

Here's to your health!

Sherri Monismith
(SMONI)

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you will be a success, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great Sherri!! Me too to all the above!! It seems everytime I try to lose weight, I gain it all back and then some, or some more!! I gave up on trying so I didnt have to fail anymore!

    ReplyDelete