Monday, November 23, 2009

Sherri is striving to do better!

Hello Everyone,

I'm back on track today! This morning "Millie and me did a 60 minute power walk". It was a great way to start the day! I missed two days of working out this weekend Friday and Sunday. I planned for Friday to be a rest day but I had every intention of getting to spin class Sunday. Instead I was babysitting my nephew. Saturday I got my reps in on the weight machines, did some cardio with Alicia then after did a little work out in the therapy pool. It was very nice in that pool! After that I hung out in the sauna and the whirlpool. I left LP feeling like a wet noodle with very little motivation to do much of anything. Later on in the evening I had an opportunity to tailgate under the 10th Street bridge. Being one of the only sober people made this first time experience quite interesting. I probably would have had a lot more fun if I had a few of the cold ones everyone around me was sucking down but i didn't want to undo all my hard work from earlier in the day. (How about them Husker??!!) BIG 12 here they come!! ;-)

This week will be a true test for most of us I'm sure. My biggest challenge will be getting in the proper exercise. I will be leaving for STL tomorrow and will return Friday evening. That will give me at least part of the weekend to make up for what I may miss. I'm taking my dog with me to make sure I have a reason to walk while I'm away. Something is better than nothing.

There is a newsletter I follow at this link: http://fitnesslincoln.com/. One of this week's newsletters gives 5 great ideas for staying on track during the holidays. Check it out! If you are anything like me, any ideas I can get is a plus!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, heart healthy Thanksgiving!

Here's to our health!!

SMONI

1 comment:

  1. Great planning by bringing the dog with you! Remember what you told me, "mind over matter". Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete