Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do the "PLANK"!

Last night I rushed from a school Art Club meeting, dropped my girls at home and then drove like crazy to get to Spin class that I swore I would make it to. It was good that I promised my trainer, Tracey that I would make her class....if not held accountable, I may have said "oh, well...next time" I was a few minutes late but no biggie! I jumped on a bike and started pedaling! I actually went 50 minutes! Tracey kept telling me to stay tuned with my body and if I felt over-exerted then slow down. I felt good about using 7-10 on the gears...until I found out that most of the people in the room were at 15!!! Oh, well, have to start some where. It was a good cardio, fun total body work-out with low impact on my joints. Although today, I do hear some screaming from parts of my buns...never knew I had muscles there!


After the Spin class, Tracey took me to the free weight area and showed me some exercises I could do at home. What a great idea! If I can't make it to the gym, I still can tone at home. She showed me how to use my own body as my "weights" to lift. My new favorite move is the "Plank". This is like doing crunches without strain to your neck. Lay prone to the floor, using only your elbow/forearm for support. Now lift your rear off the ground, on your toes and see how long you can hold it! Wow, nice tummy work out! It got me in the lower abdomen as well as under my ribs...two exercises in one. Try it and see if it helps those lax stomach over-hanging your pants. I've had 2 cesareans and other surgery...I need help especially in those areas! I showed my 8th grade Art class my new exercise. They are excited for me!


O.k, now I have to confess... I didn't have dinner and it was a long time since lunch. By the time I got home I was starving! I saw a bag of Sunchips (wholegrain?:) on the counter...so.....unlike one of our previous presidents....I DID INHALE! I had them with some peach salsa.....at least it wasn't dip! Can you guys forgive me? I was better today...had fruit for breakfast and a 'Healthy Choice" lasagnas for lunch. It actually was good and filling! I feel really awake and energized today! PEACE OUT-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment