Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How do I do this?

Well it is already Wed and as you can see this is my first posting. I first had to figure out how to get started, my kids laugh at that. When I first got the call that I had been chosen, my first thought was Oh, no, what did I get myself into. Then I got excited and motivated and just to keep this up I decided to tell several of my friends so I could not back out. They have been lovingly harrassing me ever since...I already have about 3 hours of scheduled "lunch" workouts everyday. Orientation was great, I met many new firends that have many of the same issues that I have...comforting to know. I met with Kristi last night, no shocks in that room as I knew I was way out of shape! OK, maybe it was really shocking to see how out of shape. I knew I could only do limited number of pushups...even in high school, while on the swim team doing conditioning I could never do push-ups or chin-ups which thankfully I did not have to do last night. I think my junk in the trunk gets me because I start for the ground with my arms, gravity takes over and pulls me the rest of the way and then there is no coming back! Hopefully in the next month I will be able to work my way up to a whole 5 push-ups (still "below average") but hey, I don't have delusions of grandure yet! I'm still trying to get past the a"actual program doesn't begin until Nov 9th" and how many places can I go out to eat before then phase. Well tonight is going to be an early night, last night I finished with Kristi, went grocery shopping, made 6 dozen enchiladas and some salsa for a potluck and finally went to bed about 1 am only to be freezing all night and too tired to turn on my space heater. Needless to say I woke up with a tension headache from the shivering. Can't wait for that metabolism surge that will make me hot all the time. Good luck everyone with beginning our new endeavor! See you at LifePointe!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Janet! Don't forget to take time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete