Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Today has been a success! I ate a healthy breakfast, ate a healthy lunch, had a pretty decent dinner...all within appropriate portion sizes. But let me tell you, it was really hard work to do this! I felt my 3:00 craving hit me, thankfully I had some carrots at work. On the drive to the gym I took notice of all my favorite fast food stops...oh my cravings were begging me to pull over...but I didn't let them win this time! I'm so thankful I was smart about preparing for the gym last night and packed a bag (I had my 13 year old daughter pack her gym bag as well). If I wouldn't have gone straight to the gym after work, I fear it would have been a "Fail" for me. So I dropped my pride and joy off at the Y so she could run and lift weights (quite the little athlete she is) and I headed to LifePointe. I walked in and felt no apprehension about getting to work. The staff even greeted me as if I had been there a 100 times before... that gave me even more incentive to work hard. Surprisingly I retained everything I learned from the night before and was able to operate the machines without much difficulty...other than lacking muscle strength that is. A bit of sweat and I left that gym feeling AMAZING!!! I picked up my daughter and asked how her workout was. She said she gave it a 4 on a scale of 1 - 5 and felt really good about getting some exercise in again. Our Wednesday nights are girls nights for us. In the past they've consisted of fast food, movies and lounging... Well, we've put in our work, getting ready to take our dog for a walk, and then it will be lounging time...only this time, it will be well earned! Here's hoping you have a Heart Healthy Day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your work out went well Carolee! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete