Saturday, December 26, 2009

Surviving Christmas

I made it. I haven't been eating as well as I have been in the past few weeks, but I'm certainly doing better that I have on past Christmases. With the weather, my workouts have been suffering. I might go out today and shovel to get my heart rate up.

When I was traveling so much for work, I purchased a few workout DVDs to try out. Because my work schedule was so grueling (12-14 hour days on my feet), by the time I would get back to the hotel I was too tired to do them!


I tried one of them the other day because I thought it would be fun to do them with my kids. It is the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga dvd. I don't know what I was thinking. The dvd is great. My kids were maniacs. There was fighting over the yoga mats, pushing to see who would be in front, and screaming during what were supposed to be calming deep breaths. I don't know if I can try that again with them in the house. I also got the Boot Camp dvd. Maybe that one is more up our alley.

Because of the holiday, my next Lifepointe appointment is on Monday. I'm going to try and get as many workouts in as I can because I'm having my gallbladder surgery on New Year's Eve. What better way to ring in the new year, right? It is supposed to be an outpatient surgery but because mine was scheduled late, it is later in the day so I'll have to spend the night at Bryan West. Either way, I'll be starting 2010 without a gallbladder. They said it will take a week or two to recover unless they have to do an open surgery (rare circumstances) which would be more like 6 weeks. I'm hoping for the best and will be glad to be rid of that thing that's been causing me so much pain!



3 comments:

  1. wow, Christy, I hope that everything goes well for you. Sorry to hear of your pain....but maybe you'll feel much better from what i've heard from friends who've had the surgery. Best Wishes, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck!!! I hope it brings you relief from pain quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your surgery went well! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete