Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday Cheer....not beer

Hi Ladies...
I had a busy but great weekend. I can't believe how well I did at my husbands holiday party. We went to Red 9 for light buffet and dancing by "Shurthing". I really wanted to pig out on the boneless chicken wings..but only had 4 tiny ones with more hummus and veggies. There was some chicken on a stick just broiled which was a good filler also. The great kicker was...I didn't want to really blow my diet by downing holiday cheer...so my husband and I worked out a plan. I could have 2 alcoholic drinks all evening...other then that, if I asked for one, no matter what, he was to fetch me a club soda with lime. It was funny! I said to him, "really, now I would like a glass of wine...it's ok, go get it for me" "Right away, honey", and back he comes with a big grin and a club soda! It's good to have a "spotter" so you don't fall during the holidays! The really fun part was..during dancing, he always outlasts me and this time, he couldn't keep up with me!
VERY REWARDING. I can finally button all my suit jackets and holiday wear over my tummy too! Feel good, look good! Keep it up ladies...I am so proud of all of you! wow, some of you really look like you're giving your all at the gym.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the drink thing. Glad your husband helped keep you on track. I've been really watching the alcohol intake also.

    ReplyDelete