Monday, December 14, 2009

Halfway There!

Wow... I can't believe today marks the start of the 6th week for the first annual Lincoln Go Red BetterU Challenge. That means we have another 6 weeks to give it our best for the challenge! Don't think I've lost focus though, I know that I have a lifetime for my own personal long-term health goals. I know for certain that I won't stop working for excellent health when the 12 weeks are over!

Nearing the end... Well, I admit that I am a bit nervous about hitting the halfway point in this challenge. I'm not wanting the accountability to end...and I truly thought I would be a bit farther in my goals. I'm trying to stay positive though, and reminding myself that my less than healthy lifestyle was a gradual decline, not an overnight tragedy... therefore my excellent health will come with many more days of continued lifestyle changes, and not all in a 12 week period.

Stuck... The last week has felt as though I hit a big plateau, leaving me a bit deflated. I've been trying to focus on, "This is just the beginning"! Rather than, "it's almost over"! I really am glad I was chosen for this challenge. I can truly see changes since the beginning -especially in my thinking -which is where the toughest work is to be done...mental.

Looking forward... Tomorrow night I'll be meeting with my personal coach to do another physical assessment and see where I am at now compared to the start. Call me crazy, but I am more nervous to do the assessment now than I was 6 weeks ago! I know this challenge is all about us as individuals learning how to live healthier and rely on ourselves... but I do look forward to the one on one as well.

Can't wait to see all you ladies at tonight's meeting and cycling workout with Tracey!

Have a Heart Healthy Day!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your assessment Carolee! You are doing great!!

    SMONI

    ReplyDelete