Saturday, December 26, 2009

Failures or Fuel for the Future!


HOPPY HOLIDAYS! I hope you've all stopped to enjoy time with loved ones and had a fantastic "winterwonderland" Christmas. It's been tough during this holiday ....working out as i can, (I had an astmaha attack and am now on steriods...my kids got the flu...then hubby too). I'm trying to stay away from to many carbs, my downfall. Not getting enough rest and such. I think to myself, wow, you are doing so bad, Anna. I've lost pounds and inches, but yet I haven't achieved all my goals....I'm failing. FAILING, LOSER, BAD DOG!!!! Then I stop, i read your blogs, I watch and read about your struggles and....... they are the same as mine. Why, if I feel so proud of all your accomplishments, am amazed at the achievements you've made.... do i diminish mine? Because that is what we are taught at a young age, as ladies, mothers, wives....sacrifice for all but none for yourself, -or you're being selfish. Why is it selfish to care for the person...who does all the caring for everyone else? If you are not around for the others....the world "their world" will crumble. You (we) are at a place this year (the hardest time of the year) where we would not have been if not due to being one of the "chosen few". We took a chance, to challenge ourselves, to make a "BetterU"....for our kids, our loved ones, our selves.


I've heard/read about all of you overcoming lots of challenges, developing more stamina, feeling more confident in your own skin. You have surprised yourself and amazed others. We may not have reached all our goals at this point...but as women, sometimes we set ourselves up with higher goals then we expect of others. All of us have achieved something so far the last 8 weeks, don't stop now! If you are not lighter, then at least you have lost inches. If you cannot run farther, you may be able to at least do 10 push-ups....if your arms are still flabby...at least you can skate with your child at a school event, walk the stairs at work, scoop snow, feed the horses.....Chalk it all up! A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step forward.


You are all a great bunch of ladies....I am so proud to be part of this team. You are making a difference, as a person, as a lifestyle, as an example to others. Don't give up! You would encourage those around you to rally up....give that talk to yourself! You deserve it.

Here's to a Merry Christmas and a very different Happy New Year....2010!

4 comments:

  1. I love our pictures! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Anna!!!! You have nailed it!!! We are so proud of each other and yet disappointed in ourselves!!! Why don't we give ourselves the same pat on the back we give each other!!

    You really are an inspiration to me. I feel that way about all of the others on this team - I just wish I could inspire myself. I loved this post of yours and I will read it several times to keep me up!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy! Thanks for the kind words, I'll be needing to re-read them for many days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, thank you for being such an encouragement to all of these women! Jeanette is right when she said that you have nailed it - women are often so hard on themselves and forget to celebrate their successes along the way. This challenge is so much more than a health competition. It's teaching women to truly love themselves and to do this, women must put themselves first. Thank you for your wise insight and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete