Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out with the old me...in with the new..betterU!

Happy New Year to all of you...2010, wow, time flies....WHEN I'M OLD! But, hopefully healthier this year. I saw Janet last week at LP. She looked great. Also, Sheri, you are looking quite fit too!....Carolee, you must live there....you are a better woman then me with those am workouts. I usually don't breathe until 10am...even when I'm already at work! Ha!, actually, mornings have been better since I've been getting more in shape. My hot flashes have lighten up also...BIG PLUS! I've actually weaned back from my higher doses of estrogen patches.

I'm still fighting lingering results of the flu/bronchitis goo in the throat. Man, that was some harsh stuff. My family bounced it back and forth. My 9 yr old really had a hard time recovering. If the snow would have stayed out....I was tempted to throw open the house windows and spray Lysol everywhere!

Last Thursday was a fun day for my trainer, Tracy and I. We met at Lifepointe and had our photos taken for the local magazine "L". We both were interviewed separately and then did a "photo shoot" with John Kelley. It should be printed for the mid-January issue. It was fun, and challenging...I think he had to get the wide-angle out for my back side, but otherwise fine. How do you "look good" when you are working out??? Why, yes, I always wear full-make-up and jewelry at all my private trainer work-outs...don't laugh ladies, you'd do the same! It was bad enough that the world will see me in swear clothes! Its hard to smile when you are cringing in a push-up...it was hard to hold a pose with my weight suspended in a sit-up, perched on a rubber ball! Gosh, sure hope he has a photo-shoppe program!

Hey, got a great recipe from Ms. Walz this week. I was complaining of how I want something "crunchy" to munch on...yet, not fattening. She suggested homemade tortilla chips with low-fat salsa. Just find some low-fat/0 trans fat or whole wheat tortilla shells. Lightly spray some Pam or healthly oil spray over the tortillas, along with a sprinkle of garlic salt or sea salt...maybe a few drops of lime juice too! Toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes and break into bite size pieces. Fresh chips! Healthier and maybe you'll stall long enough to think how much you REALLY are needing since you have to make them your self! Good idea, huh?! I'll see you all around Life pointe this week...back to the grind stone with school this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment