Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine, whoa oh....

...and it sure feels Good!

I just received some great news from the more than fabulous company I get to work for, Assurity Life Insurance. Today I was informed that Assurity has purchased a table for the upcoming American Heart Association dinner (this is where our challenge results and awards ceremony will take place). I'm so excited to have the honor of 10 wonderful people who have supported me throughout this challenge, there to help me celebrate and acknowledge my successes at the end! I can't begin to tell you how many different ways this makes me feel cared about, but to sum it up... I am definitely feeling the love!

So now I have to brag on Assurity for a moment. In my opinion Assurity is the greatest place in Lincoln to work! Just soak in one of the components that make up the Vision, Mission & Values Statement... I mean, it doesn't get much better than this - Our core purpose is to help people through difficult times - And let me tell you, they have definitely supported me throughout mine. Not only have my close coworkers supported me, but the President & CEO, the Senior Vice President, my Director and the VP of Human Resources. Throughout this challenge each of them have continued to check in with me and remind me of my strengths, accomplishments, and how they know I will continue to be a success beyond this 12 weeks. Now remember, I am just one team member in this company, so their acts speak volumes for the environment and culture I get to work in. Yes, I love my job and the company I get to work for. I truly believe having such a great place of employment has played an integral part of my successes thus far. *not counting the food days, ha ha*

So, thank you Assurity! I appreciate all that you have given me and supported me with over the past 8 1/2 years.

Now I better get back to the gym! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's so cool. So many people spend half their lives working at a job that they hate! It really makes a difference if you love what you do for 8 hours a day...I gave up a great paying job to teach 3-8 graders...the ways of Art! I'll never be a millionaire..but I get rewards each day. Kids are great! You are so lucky

    ReplyDelete