Sunday, January 24, 2010

All good things don't have to come to an end...

Here we go, on the last leg of our journey to a "BetterU" Where did the time go? Are you getting ready for the final results? I have my assessment on Thursday. I wish I could have another couple of weeks! I think I can keep going though. I can't wait for warmer weather to get out my bike and ride the trail to Walton! I don't think that I will crash now that I can keep stablized. I didn't realise how true it was that when you work on your body core...your balance improves!

My trainer and I were laughing the other day about how pathetic I was when we first started. On one of our first visits, she had me do a "Triceps push-up" on a chair, on the outside patio, in front of the cafe window while we took a break from walking the bike path. I couldn't even lift my rear end back on the chair, fell and she had to hoist me up! (all the people inside were staring!-quite embarrassing!) Now i can do about 10 back ward triceps push-ups on the bench in the weight room! It's a great way to get some definition in those "granny " arms we grow in our later years! The Spin classes have been great too like Carolee said...I may actually buy some shorts this year for summer! (I only wear crop pants usually, as I'm so conscious of my "cottage cheese" thighs.)

Carolee also mentioned shopping for new clothes. Speaking of...I know a great consignment shop with a fabulous selection of clothes! It's called "Consignment shop" for clothes only in sizes 14 on up. The store is located behind Union bank on about 48th and Orchard street. (shortly before 48th and Holdrege) Although the name lacks originality, you'll love the two sweet older ladies who run the place and all the selections from dresses, slacks, shoes, purses, coats and accessories! You may even be able to take in some of your passe larger sizes, get some funds to buy smaller garments! It's a hidden gem in Lincoln!

I hope to see you all tonight at my house...call 890-3278 for directions if needed. 7pm!
Have super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment