Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Judy's advise - Keep Bouncing!

Hi Ladies,
I have not taken time to read all of your updates but each time I come to this site, I am reminded about how special you all are. I love hearing about your commitment to making yourself better.
Some of you may know that the past couple of months have been very difficult for me.
My mother-in-law and my dear aunt (she took the place of my mother for the past twenty years) both had strokes and never recovered. They both struggled through their last days. I was able to spend time with each of them and I am grateful that they both were alert and able to communicate those last weeks. Add in the snowstorms which kept me stranded in my house for two weeks and my gym time just didn't happen. I was so excited when I was chosen for this challenge and have been feeling sorry for myself for the last week.
My trainer Sarah was such a blessing for me. She understood when I had to cancel appointments and was always encouraging. I have finally realized that regardless of whether or not I succeeded in accomplishing all of the goals I had made, I will come away from this experience armed with so much knowledge and awareness of what a healthy life is supposed to be, that my life from now on will be better. I am still excited about making positive changes for myself! Maybe it wasn't these particular eleven weeks but it will happen for me. We aren't always in control of life as you know, but that doesn't mean we have to give up our dreams. In the letter I wrote to apply for the challenge I said that I am a "bouncer". I WILL BOUNCE BACK AND CONTINUE TO LEARN AND GET BETTER AT BEING HEALTHY!!!!
If anyone else feels discouraged about their progress, please remember that like "Tiger" you can be a bouncer too!
What lucky ladies we have been!
Here's to us - always remember we are all amazing women!
Smiles,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed meeting you too Judy. love your attitude...I bet you are a wonderful, positive influence on your students! Take care! -Anna

    ReplyDelete