Thursday, January 28, 2010

Motivated to keep going

Well we are on our last few workouts as a "group". I can't believe I am finding myself still motivated or not bored with the routine. I plan to continue on with the workouts. I did see Sherri this AM "getting her butt kicked" as she said. All I did today was balance and core stuff and I was sweating more then ever. I did not realize until yoga the other night (with Anna) how bad my balance was. I had planned on doing yoga again tonight, but instead I got in for a massage while I have the chance. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you over the past three months and hopefully we can keep in touch and help each other stay motivated. See you all in the next couple of days for post interviews.

Here is my Spring Roll Recipe

Spring roll skins (round rice paper wraps in ethnic isle)- they are thin sheets of dried (not moist) rice paper
Variety of vegetables- I use carrots, celery, cucumber, jicama, diakon, bell peppers (all colors), green onions, cilantro, fresh ginger and avocado, mango
Crab or shrimp (cooked)
Peanut sauce

Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup minced fresh ginger 6 small or 4 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup honey 1/2 cup peanut butter
2 TBSP sesame oil 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar 2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes

Place all ingredients in blender (helps to put vinegar in first) and blend until smooth, may use hot H20 to thin if needed. Store in fridge

Vegetables
Cut into thin julienne strips

Spring rolls
Fill a shallow dish with very warm water, a tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tsp of sugar. Place a wrap in the water until it softens and is pliable enough to roll, but not too much that it will tear.
Fill wrap with vegetables of choice, add crab or shrimp or both and roll eggroll style. The wrap will stick to itself to seal.

Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Janet! I had some more of those the next day...as a snack! Had fun working out with you the last couple of days. Felt pretty good about me last interview. Of course, we always feel that we could do better..that's how it is! Yoga was different then i thought..I really kind of liked it! Glad you got a massage. Amazingly great, huh!

    ReplyDelete