Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eeek!!!!!

Oh my! I just looked at the calendar and I noticed we have only 4 weeks until we meet to go over the results of the last 12 weeks. I am so nervous! Probably in part because the last two weeks have been a major struggle for me with my goals. However, I have done a lot of thinking the last couple days, and a lot of reading the BetterU blogs. *Keep'em Comin' Ladies!* And the one thing that continues to come up, is to be proud of the things I've accomplished and not to focus on the things I didn't get done. So, as for the last two weeks... they shall now only be a memory of what I don't want my habits to be, and no longer a chain to the supreme guilt I have been feeling. *Feeling guilty prompts me to make see-through excuses & throw in the towel* Time for me to let it go! The other realization I had, is one I've had and mentioned before,
THIS 12 WEEKS IS NOT THE END FOR ME.
IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

So to step in line with some of my other goals for 2010 and a new beginning... I've decided to run the Lincoln Half Marathon in May! This is a goal I have accomplished twice in my adult life, so I know I can do it. And I can do it again, and again, and again... if I so choose... and my knees hold up! But until the warmer weather comes, it will be a struggle for me to stick to training & healthy nutrition choices. So I'm going to take Sheri and Tom Venu's advice and start questioning myself when I get hungry. Why is it that I'm hungry right now? This should no doubt bring to light my reasons for emotional eating. And in turn it should help me strengthen my ability to connect with myself emotionally and care for myself appropriately, and to stop feeding those emotions!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I thought about the Llincoln Marathon. I know that my 16 yr daughter wants to do it. I wasn't sure if I could. You said that you'd done it before! Incrediable. What was it like...was it as hard as you anticipated? I would love to hear how it went. Maybe I could get the guts up to do it too!

    ReplyDelete