Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sherri's got some info to share!

Hello Ladies,

I was reading a fitness blog I follow and I thought I would share some interesting information from today's post by Steve Auxier:

The nutrition side of fitness is such a mystery to me and I enjoy learning about all of the different strategies to help people attain their goals. Have you ever gone to a buffet and totally stuffed yourself and then still had the urge to go back for desert? How about after a big meal you are hungry in about 30 minutes? Well I have had all of these and here are some strategies in identifying between physical and emotional hunger. According to Tom Venuto he has identified 6 ways to determine the difference between physical and emotional hunger.

*Physical hunger gradually comes on with warning signs of stomach grumbling. Emotional hunger develops instantly.

*Physical hunger can go for many hours but emotional hunger must be solved immediately.

*Physical hunger occurs every 3-4 hours. Emotional hunger can develop instantly.

*Physical hunger is for any food and emotional hunger is for one specific food.

*Physical hunger goes away after you eat and emotional hunger does not go away.

*Physical hunger leaves a feeling of satiety and emotional hunger leaves you feeling guilty.

According to Dr. Brian Wansink we make as many as 200 decisions about food every day. I think it is very important to determine if we are truly hungry or if we are just eating out boredom, situational, lonely, tired or hundreds of other emotional reasons. Each day the more we learn about our body the better. Make it a goal to learn something new about your body everyday.

So the next time your cravings kick in try to analyze those feelings and identify the cause!!!

(As posted on http://fitnesslincoln.com/)

Here's to our health!

SMONI

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sheri! I needed this. Truthfully, I've seen some of these things before...but the difference now, I actually want to figure it all out!!! Thanks again! This is the highlight of my da.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a great blog! Im gonna print it out and keep it for reference!

    ReplyDelete